Maralyn's Updates

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Answer to Prayer

You know, something amazing has happened. Leading up to last Thursday, I was having quite difficult nights...every 2-3 hours I was having a coughing jag, battling the phlegm that collects in my windpipe. Those episodes are hard to experience, because it's hard to catch my breath, but even harder for Jim to watch.

Then came Thursday. I was scheduled to speak at a ladies group that evening (through Ruth's voice, of course) and a bout of Atrial Fibrillation (irregular heartbeat...totally unrelated to the ALS) grabbed me and held me tight all day, making it even harder to move and breathe. It was discouraging!

I couldn't go to speak, but Ruth did it for me. (Amazing woman!) Anyway, that night I was very tired as the A.Fib. had robbed me of my energy. Jim sat on the edge of my bed, held my hand, and prayed a gentle prayer, "God, we need your help. We don't know what to do." He kissed me and tucked me in.

And, believe it or not, the minute he flipped off the light, my heart kicked back into rhythm and I slept like a baby...all night. And guess what? I haven't had one night coughing episode since then!

I know it's a God thing! It was so black and white...lots of those coughing fits...and then NONE! Praise God!

Thank you for praying! Please don't stop!

4 Comments:

Blogger jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

What a wonderful praise!!

4:24 PM  
Blogger jaschmiddy said...

Hallelujah!All praise to our Wonderful Lord and Savior. And yes, we'll continue to pray for you. Thank you for sharing, Maralyn.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Mike and Sue said...

Thank you for touching our lives with your lives. You are so blessed, so many treasures in heaven. Want to be with you guys so bad.
2 Cor. 9:15

Love, Mike & Sue

12:37 AM  
Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Wonderful, and such a reminder that God does have things under control, knows just what is happening to you, and is answering prayers according to His perfect plan. (((Hugs to you and Jim)))

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home