Maralyn's Updates

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Amazing God!



Last year at this time I was studying the names of God, and my mind was stretched as I realized that He is everything we need and more!

In November I taught on prayer at the Ladies Only meeting. That day we gave every woman a bookmark, like the one in the photo, suggesting a form of prayer where they would begin with Adoration, move toward Confession, then Thanksgiving, and finally Supplication (asking)(A.C.T.S.).

The characteristics of God, listed on the bookmark, were to be an aid toward realizing who He is and thereby viewing everything else in their lives with that perspective. That bookmark has been in my Bible ever since.

This week as I was reading it closely again, I began to weep. Last fall God taught me who He is and this fall He's illustrating all of those characteristics. What a marvelous teacher He is---teaching me the lessons then following shortly with the clear illustrations.

As I look back at previous blogs I can see lesson after lesson illustrated through my situation:

My Blog's Title-- God's Character Trait I Was Learning at the Time

Change of Plans-- God is my guide.
Healthy Tension-- God is my healer.
Profound Perspective-- God is eternal.
Cautiously Optimistic-- God is faithful.
The Best Medicine-- God is my father.
Wait-- God is patient.
Divine Appointment-- God is all-knowing.
Blindfolded-- God is trustworthy.
Finishing the Finnish Chapter-- God is my companion and friend.
Still-- God is my peace.
Compounded Joy-- God is my helper.
Goodbye and Hello-- God is timeless.
No Darkness-- God is my light.
Two Tracks-- God is gracious.
ICBW Game-- God is praiseworthy.

This struggle of mine is not about me. It's all about Him!! He's amazing!

Today as I picture you (my friends) reading this, and I know the that situations several of you are facing, I can assure you that OUR GOD IS ENOUGH!

...Enough to cope with the pain of the wayward child, the unfaithful husband, the prolonged disability, the failing parents, the selfish mate, the remnants of abuse, the demanding job, the recent accident, the barren womb, the death of a child, the estrangement of family, the loss of a mate, the relentless loneliness, the rocky marriage, the uncertain job situation, the recurring disease, the persistent depression. (I'm picturing faces on all of these!)

When I think of some of your situations, mine seems easy by comparison! Even though the doctor says I'm terminal, physically I feel fine and the days seem quite normal. I feel blessed.

Here's the bottom line: Our Amazing God is ENOUGH!

mm

3 Comments:

Blogger Prairie + Sky said...

Amen. You are an amazing woman Maralyn. Thank you for your perspective. This world certainly needs a heavenly spin on trials.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

Aunt Maralyn,
You are such an encouragement to me even during your own trial. I am praying for you. God is good. I love you. Hugs...

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maralyn,
I have found so many messages from God sent to me through your words. I ask Him questions and when I read your blog, I find the answers written so clearly. He is working through you!
-- Cherilyn

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home