Maralyn's Updates

Monday, November 05, 2007

God's Hugs

Tonight I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t go back to sleep, so I wrapped up in a couple of blankets and came to sit in the big arm chair. My fingers turned to Romans 8, and as I read I felt God loving me.


“…the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express…(26).”

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him (28).”

“…if God is for us who can be against us (31)?”

“…Jesus Christ, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us (34).”

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword (35)?”

“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us (37).”

“For I am convinced that neither death or life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present not the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord (38).”


Maybe God gave us families so that we could understand the intensity of love that he has for us. Look at our faces in these photos and imagine God looking at you like this! Wow!





It seems that every time I get into our car and turn on Christian radio, this song is just beginning. Sung by a mother for her child, it’s called “In My Arms.” (by Plumb)

Clouds will rage and
Storms will race in
But you will be safe in my arms
Rains will pour down
Waves will crash around
But you will be safe in my arms

Can you see God’s eyes admiring you? Can you feel him cradling you?

If not, it doesn’t change a thing.

He IS holding you.
He IS interceding for you.
He IS loving you.


“There is nothing you can do to make God love you more.
There is nothing you can do to make God love you less.”
--Philip Yancey--

I wouldn't trade these last few months for anything. They have been awful, but wonderful, as God has shown me how much he cares.

mm

5 Comments:

Blogger Hanna said...

How nice to "see" you again :) What a cute little baby! Your spiritual growth has been as rapid and steady as our little Oskar's. Good job!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Terhi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Terhi said...

Thank you for sharing what's in your heart so that we know how to pray for you! Really nice pics; cute little boys and girls you have! With love and blessings, Terhi

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maralyn,

I really cried here... It is hard to imagine God looking down on us with more love than this! But I know He does.

I love how you write.
Your words fall in line-- profoundly and poetically.

Beautiful.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

*** we love you *** We will pray for you guys. Nice photos, it's nice to see whats going on:) over there. //
C, S and J

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home