Maralyn's Updates

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

God's Perfect Timing

When I led her Bible study group in a Youth For Christ club in 1973, Nancy was a teenager and I was a young mother. In GOD’S PERFECT TIMING, he has brought her back into my life. Now she’s my physical therapist.

When I began my therapy on December 31, I scored 49/56 on the Berg Balance Test. Today she retested me and I scored 55/56!! She said that after only one month it was “remarkable” progress! She couldn’t wait to send the results to my neurologist.


We had to laugh because now that we're both grandmothers, it seems that our ages are getting closer and closer.

*****************************************************************

Another example…

A couple of weeks ago, I had just sat down to have my morning devotions. Progressing to the next chapter, which was on God’s holiness, I had just read Isaiah 6:3 “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.”

…and my phone rang. Normally I would have ignored the phone and called back later, but this time I trekked to my phone to see who it was. It looked like it was my daughter-in-law, Kristin, in Pennsylvania. So, I answered. It was actually my son Paul, and he explained that he and Kristin were in their chapel service at Valley Forge Christian College, where they work. They had just listened to a devotional about healing. “Dr. Meyer is here with us and he’d like to pray for you on the phone.” My eyes stung with tears. I kept thinking, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty…” When he finished praying, I could barely respond because I was so choked up. A few minutes later I wrote them an e-mail explaining the amazing timing of their call.

But I didn’t know the half of it. Dr. Meyer wrote back saying that just after the devotional, he had gone to Paul and Kristin and the three of them had prayed for me, then they all went to pray with students. It occurred to Dr. Meyer (he and Evie are close personal friends of ours) that he would like to call me and pray over the phone, but he didn’t have my cell phone number with him, so he searched out Paul and Kristin again, but they were each praying with others. So he waited. Finally, all three were available so they called me on Kristin’s phone.

And they called precisely after I read the phrase, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” Was it a coincidence? No, I believe God was showing me that he is almighty, and that HIS TIMING IS PERFECT...even in relation to my illness.

*****************************************************************

And another one…

Six years ago God laid on the heart my friend Theda Bennett to pray for my physical healing. Several times she reminded God that I was healthy and strong, but He insisted that she pray. And she did. For five and a half years she obediently prayed. Then came my ALS diagnosis, and she realized why she had been praying all along.

We shook our heads in wonder, but we shouldn’t have been amazed. I believe God wanted us to see that he is a holy, but loving God; so he “wowed” us once again with HIS PERFECT TIMING!


*****************************************************************

As human beings, we are bound by the calendar and the clock…but God is not. Why wouldn’t we trust the One who has a perfect view of past, present and future all at once?

mm

10 Comments:

Blogger Greg Mandigo said...

Hey, Marilyn,

You continue to be in our thoughts prayers!

Love in Christ,

Greg Mandigo

1:57 PM  
Blogger Manop said...

Hi Marilyn,
I have seen that your faith in God has been increasing day by day. Thanks for your encouraging that God is holy and mighthy.
With love,
Aksornwongwitthaya's family

8:37 PM  
Blogger KCR said...

As always Maralyn, your testimony continues to encourage so many. Thank you for your willingness to share your life with us.

Love,
KC

9:12 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

It's good to hear how you are doing, Maralyn! And praise God that He is so loving! I keep you in my prayers. We are living now in Turku with Miika and studying pretty hard... Thank you for reminding me of the priorities of life. Keep in touch! Greetings to Jim!

-R

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maralyn,

Thanks again for sharing your perspective. I love the quote by Corrie Ten Boom, "God is too kind ever to be cruel and too wise to ever make a mistake." Our God is amazing!

Love,
Daniel

8:53 AM  
Blogger jaschmiddy said...

Oh, how my heart resonates with yours. I am always in awe of God's timing in our lives. The longer I've served Him the more prevalent or evident His perfect timing has stood out to me. And this frees me from fretting and worrying about things in my life and my loved ones'. Free to be at peace and praise Him. Holy, holy, holy, is our Lord, God Almighty! Praise be to Him.

Thank you for sharing your life with us, Maralyn! Your trust and faith are truly an inspiration.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Hi Marilyn

Praise God for the physio report.

On the east coast of India now and still praying for you. Might get to see you some time in 2008. Met a nice bunch from Wisconsin in Delhi airport. Nice to not sit alone at the airport gate... was reminded too of the blessings of friends we meet along the way... glad you're one of them.

love ya
Dee

5:34 AM  
Blogger Sharon Nalbach said...

Maralyn - I need your wisdom and example of faith and trust. Thank you for sharing your life! I feel so blessed for the "God-incidence" that placed you in my life.

Sharon Nalbach

8:42 AM  
Blogger Maralyn said...

Yes, God's timing is always perfect.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Keep the faith. You have helped me keep my faith.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home